Saturday 8 September 2012

~ Mouse Trap? tick

Hello!
In the post today (the post man in fact waking me up when I had a splitting headache) was a humane mouse trap Karen bought online yesterday because - as you will have already suspected - we have a mouse! Maybe multiple mice.  The "sightings" so far have included me seeing a medium sized very fluffy mouse run (SPRINT) from under Karen's suitcase in the living room to the behind the sofa. Karen caught the last part of this, getting her very panicked, and more so when hearing loads of scuffling under her bed last night. This morning I awoke to squeaking directly under my bed. I have actually found myself seeing (also usually holding) garden mice at least once a week - thank you darling cats - so they don't phase me so much! (Although city mice I'm sure are much more susceptible to diseases and suchlike) If I saw a rat in the flat, that would be a different issue entirely haha.
Evidence of my relationship with wild mice (aww)
But anyway, we are in a rented HMO flat which definitely does not allow non-paying residents! So we went out to buy chocolate for the trap tonight (I settled on Milk Chocolate with Fruit and Nuts) and we have put the trap in place beside where we think they are getting in in the kitchen.
The best option for a box trap like this is to position it close to a wall and have the entrances to the box near the wall. Mice are apparently suspicious and more likely to enter this way! Also, contrary to popular belief, they like chocolate more than cheese (As does Karen who gets to eat the rest of it)

Rachael xx
My blog - rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk
My twitter - https://twitter.com/rivasoave
ThreeFlatmates twitter - https://twitter.com/ThreeFlatMates

3 comments:

  1. Awww!!! i love mice :D I used to have two pet mice when i was a kid and they had 11 babies!!! haha so cute :D although a surprise as we thought they were both girls! yea i dunno where that whole myth of mice liking cheese came from! cause they definitely dont like it!! I'm very glad you are using a humane trap :) then you can set them free when you catch them! ooo let us know when you do and put some pics up!! :)

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! I wish I had pet mice! I would love to see baby mice!! I'm glad we got a humane trap too :) The previous tenants left mouse poison but that starts dissolving their insides :S Not very nice, and probably unpleasant to clean up! I hope we do catch them! And I will of course take photos!
      rach xxx

      Delete
  2. omg the mice is so cute =3

    xx
    Jenny / Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! We'd love if you left a comment (: